Monday 5 March 2012

Change Is The Result Of Personal Development

On the back of recent events, I have realised how much I have changed as a person and how much I continue to develop.

If I look back at the music I used to listen to, there is no way that it would find any place on my play-lists today. I then look at the people I used to associate myself with and the people I associate myself with now, and there is not one person that I can call my 'friend' from a few years ago. I use the word 'associate', as that is all they were, associates. This makes me wonder whether I have 'changed' or 'developed' as a person. Maybe my taste in music will shed more light on the matter.

For anyone that knows anything about me, they will know that I am fiend for rock music. Anything with a guitar and set of drums will do me just fine. But many may not know that I was once a 'holic' of rap and hip-hop up until around five years ago. Anything with a cool beat and manufactured drums captured my musical fetish. Now? Well, anything other than rap. A stark contrast to five years ago by anyone's standards. Was this me changing as a person, or was it a result of my development?

I suppose the question you have to ask yourself is, ''is 'changing' a bad thing?'' To me, it suggests a lack of loyalty towards something and points towards a negative outlook. But is it really that bad? Or is it the result of a development, like the case with my musical preferences. My iPod play-lists have changed, yes, but it is the result of a hunger for new artists and diversification into a new range of music. Does it stop there? No, I don't think it does, because Miley Cyrus just made it onto my iPod.

I am on Twitter @DanOverboardNJ

No comments:

Post a Comment